As dad and mom, we’re all the time on the point of a transition interval with our children. Whether or not we’re transitioning child from swaddle to sleep sack, from bassinet to crib, or from a bottle to a cup, we’re on the hunt for merchandise to assist ease the transition for our child and us! Whether or not our child is breastfed or bottle-fed (or maybe each), they may ultimately have to transition to a cup. However, you may ask, “How can we try this? And what cup ought to we use?” PopYum has a new silicone training cup designed to assist dad and mom and infants transition from bottle to cup simpler.
When to Transition to a Coaching Cup
Specialists suggest transitioning from the bottle to a coaching cup in round one yr. Many youngsters are prepared to start out about six months, however both method, in case your child stays on the bottle too lengthy, they’re at an elevated danger for cavities and different well being issues.1
Why We Love the PopYum Coaching Cup
We’ve transitioned with every of our children between six months and one yr. I solely want I had the PopYum training cup with our two older youngsters! I not too long ago had the chance to strive it out with our 1-year-old, and I do know different dad and mom will love these cups as a lot as I do.
The PopYum silicone training cup has many nice options that may make it a staple in your house:
- They function a large base, non-slip floor, and bottom-heavy design, making the cup tip-resistant.
- The silicone materials is versatile and unbreakable, so we dad and mom don’t have to fret about it falling aside when it’s inevitably dropped (or thrown, in case your youngsters are something like mine).
- PopYum gives two fashions for their training cups. One with handles and one with out, they usually are available in varied colours, so there’s a cup that’s excellent for each child.
- They’re additionally massive sufficient to carry small finger meals and yummy snacks like reduce fruits, veggies, crackers, and extra.
- As a result of PopYum cares about making dad and mom’ lives simpler, the cups are dishwasher-safe, microwavable, and freezer-safe.
- They’re additionally stackable – you possibly can stack them in your cabinet to avoid wasting house.
- And since PopYum cares about youngsters’ security, their training cups are manufactured from premium stain- and odor-resistant silicone, freed from BPA, BPS, PVC, latex, and phthalates.
Methods to Introduce a Coaching Cup
Your infant must be prepared to start out transitioning from a bottle to a cup round six months, which is correct across the time when most youngsters are launched to some stable meals. Once you introduce your child to a cup, you’ll maintain it and assist them pour small sips into their mouth.
At round six months previous, infants don’t want greater than about an oz or so of water since they’re nonetheless on breast milk or formula. When they’re prepared for a little bit extra independence with an open cup, the PopYum silicone training cups are nice as a result of they’re designed with rookies in thoughts. They must tip the cup again to drink like a bottle. However in contrast to a bottle, they might want to learn to grade their pressure, in order that they don’t find yourself spilling the whole cup’s contents throughout their face.1
Bear in mind, They’re Studying!
To start with, they’re going to spill. They’ll pour all of it out, get it throughout their face, and down their garments. Nevertheless it’s okay as a result of they’re studying. They could have extra success with barely thicker drinks at first. When our infants had been studying, I might purée some frozen fruit right into a thinner smoothie consistency. You possibly can additionally water down some yogurt or buy drinkable yogurt out of your native grocery retailer as a result of thicker liquids are barely extra manageable for them to manage in an open cup. Thicker liquids pour out slower than one thing like water or milk. Follow with very small quantities at a time, too, in order that they spill much less after they tilt the cup.
They may even have to grasp sure oral motor expertise, like tips on how to shut their lips across the fringe of the cup and tips on how to time their swallowing accurately. PopYum’s training cups assist promote these oral motor expertise, they usually make them from a gentle silicone materials that’s protected and simple on their creating enamel and gums.
PopYum’s silicone training cups are a good way to introduce your infant to an open cup and transition them from a bottle to a cup. Our 1-year-old loves utilizing them, and I like how sturdy they’re for her to apply with. I additionally love how simple they’re to wash. Youngsters and oldsters alike are going to fall in love with these. Whether or not you will have a child who’s getting near the age of transitioning away from the bottle or a toddler who enjoys their independence (don’t all of them), the PopYum silicone training cup is a parenting WIN! Make sure you get yours here in your little ones!